Watts Terms and Conditions of Sale
Watts Regulator Co. dba Backflow Direct is a subsidiary of Watts Water Technologies, Inc. (Watts)
APPLICABILITY: All products, materials, components, goods, commodities, software, technology and any other items (the “Products”) and services offered for sale by Watts Water Technologies, Inc. or any of its US or Canadian subsidiaries ("Seller") are sold subject to these terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms and Conditions”). Seller's performance of any contract is expressly made conditional on Buyer's agreement to these Terms and Conditions, unless otherwise specifically agreed to in writing by Seller. No other terms and conditions, including any terms and conditions attached to, or contained within, Buyer's request for quotation, acknowledgment, purchase order or other contract documentation shall apply, and all such terms are hereby rejected by Seller. Buyer’s acceptance of the Products or services delivered by Seller constitutes Buyer’s agreement that these Terms and Conditions govern the purchase and sale of such Products or services. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL SUPERSEDE ANY ADDITIONAL, DIFFERENT OR CONFLICTING TERMS PROPOSED BY BUYER OR CONTAINED ON BUYER'S PURCHASE ORDER OR ANY DOCUMENT OR INSTRUMENT SUBMITTED BY BUYER.
FREIGHT TERMS: See the applicable Seller product price catalog and Product-specific warranty for specific freight terms.
TERMS OF SALE: All sales within the United States or within Canada are F.O.B. (shipping point). All international sales are F.O.B. (origin port). Title to the Products shall pass to Buyer, and risk of loss or damage to the Products shall be assumed by Buyer, as follows: (a) for shipments within the United States or within Canada, upon shipment of the Products from Seller’s facility; and (b) for international shipments, upon delivery to the origin port.
PAYMENT TERMS: Unless otherwise stated in Seller’s sales order confirmation, Seller’s invoices are due and payable thirty (30) days from the date of invoice. The applicable Seller product price catalog may contain other specific payment terms. Any amount not paid when due will be subject to finance charges equal to 1.5% of the unpaid balance per month or the highest rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less, compounded daily from the date due until the date paid. Buyer will reimburse any costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by Seller to collect any amount that is not paid when due. Seller reserves the right to require pre-payment from, or to refuse to sell to, any Buyer whose account is overdue or who has an unsatisfactory credit or payment record.
SECURITY AGREEMENT: Buyer grants Seller a purchase money security interest in the Products sold hereunder, including all accessions thereto and replacements thereof, and all proceeds thereof (collectively, the “Collateral”) to secure the payment of the purchase price of such Collateral. Buyer grants Seller a limited power of attorney to file one or more financing statements signed by Seller on behalf of Buyer and authorizes Seller to use a copy of these Terms and Conditions as an exhibit to any financing statement. Buyer agrees to cooperate fully with Seller in executing any additional documents, instruments, financing statements or amendments thereto as Seller may request to perfect or continue the security interest created by these Terms and Conditions.
SPECIAL PRODUCTS: Orders for special or modified Products are non-cancelable. In the event that Buyer cancels an order for such Products, Seller shall charge Buyer an amount equal to Seller’s costs and expenses incurred in performing the purchase order prior to receipt of notice of cancellation.
LIMITED WARRANTY: Seller shall provide its then-current standard written warranty for the Product purchased which contains the sole remedies for breach of warranty. If no such Product-specific warranty is provided, the Watts Standard Limited Warranty (available at https://www.watts.com/resources/warranty-information) shall apply. THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT WARRANTY IS GIVEN EXPRESSLY AND IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY SELLER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SELLER HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE, IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SELLER WAS INFORMED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S LIABILITY EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE SALES PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. BUYER ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE FINAL SELECTION, TESTING AND VALIDATION OF PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM SELLER AND THE FITNESS OF SUCH PRODUCTS FOR BUYER’S APPLICATION.
INSPECTION: Buyer shall be responsible for inspecting all Products shipped hereunder prior to acceptance, provided, that if Buyer shall not have given Seller written notice of rejection within thirty (30) days following shipment to Buyer, the Products shall be deemed to have been accepted by Buyer.
RETURNED GOODS: Seller will only accept returned Products from customers in the United States and Canada. No material shall be returned to Seller without authorization. When credit is issued it will be at the price charged, or prevailing price, if lower, less handling charges based on costs of reconditioning, boxing, etc. Restocking charges will apply. The applicable Seller product price catalog and Product-specific warranty may contain specific returned goods charges.
TRADE COMPLIANCE: Sale or retransfer of Products supplied by Seller must comply with applicable laws restricting the export or re-export of those Products (“Export Controls”), including all economic or financial sanctions and trade embargoes imposed, administered or enforced from time to time by the U.S. or EU government or other relevant sanctions authority with jurisdiction over Seller (“Sanctions Laws”). Buyer understands and agrees that with respect to Seller’s Products provided to Buyer: (a) Buyer will not export, re-export or otherwise transfer Seller’s Products to (i) a country, territory or person to which/whom such export, re-export or transfer is prohibited by applicable law, including without limitation Export Controls and Sanctions Laws; or (ii) to a country or territory that is itself the subject or target of comprehensive Sanctions Laws including U.S. Sanctions (“Sanctioned Territories”). As of the date hereof, the Sanctioned Territories are Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria, although the U.S. government may add or remove Sanctioned Territories in the future; and (b) Buyer further confirms that it is not acquiring the Products for any military, nuclear or missile end use or end user. If this is not correct, Buyer is required to notify Seller immediately at email@example.com.
GOVERNING LAW/ DISPUTES: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to its conflict or choice of law rules. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms and Conditions. All disputes under these Terms and Conditions and all claims arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Buyer agrees and consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and Buyer waives any jurisdiction or venue defense otherwise available.
FORCE MAJEURE: Seller’s performance shall be excused, and Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have breached any obligation to Buyer in the event of any acts of God; flood, fire, earthquake, or other natural disaster; disease; explosion, war, invasion, hostilities, terrorism, riot, or other civil unrest; government action, order or law, embargoes, or blockades; national or regional emergency; strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances; shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities; or other events beyond the control of Seller.
MISCELLANEOUS: Prices are subject to change without notice and supersede all previous quotations. Seller reserves the right to change or modify Product design or construction without prior notice and without incurring any obligation to make such changes or modifications to Products previously sold. In the event that any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, those provisions to the extent enforceable and all other provisions shall nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable as though the invalid or unenforceable provisions had not been included in these Terms and Conditions. Buyer shall not assign its rights or its obligations under these Terms and Conditions without the written consent of Seller. The failure of Seller to enforce at any time any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall in no way be construed to be a waiver of any such provisions, or the right of Seller thereafter to enforce each and every such provision. Seller and Buyer are independent contractors; neither is an agent or employee of the other or has any authority to assume or create any obligation or liability of any kind on behalf of the other.
Terms and Conditions
- Returned products must be in new, unused condition and include the original box and/or packaging with all tags included.
- Once your return is received and inspected your refund will be processed and a credit will be applied to your credit card. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to be posted to your account.
- You are responsible for all shipping costs associated with getting your order back to our warehouse.
- When credit is issued it will be at the price charged, or prevailing price if lower, less handling charges based on costs of reconditioning, boxing, etc. However, a minimum 25% handling charge will apply. A minimum handling charge of $20.00 is applied whenever the 25% handling deduction does not total $20.00.
- Products which are obsolete or made to special order are not returnable.
- See below for instructions on where/how to get your return order back to us. All returns need an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number.
Return Shipping Options
- For customers in any location, you have the option of using the carrier of your choice to return your order to us.
- We recommend packaging and shipping with a method that minimizes potential for shipping damage and includes tracking and insurance for your return shipment.
- All shipments must be made prepaid; packages shipped COD (Collect on Delivery) will be rejected.
Order Cancellation / Modifications
- If you change your mind, act quickly! We process orders promptly to ensure customer satisfaction.
- If you need to cancel or change an order, please call before 3pm PST. Most orders received before 3pm PST are processed the same day.
- We can be reached by phone at 916-760-4524 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Used or Damaged Merchandise
- Any merchandise which has been installed is considered used and cannot be returned.
- Any merchandise or parts which shows signs of use (wear, dirt, scuffing, scratches, etc) or otherwise is in a condition other than it was received by the customer cannot be returned.
- Please refer to https://www.watts.com/resources/warranty-information for the Ames Fire & Waterworks limited warranty.
- Please note warranty processing may take 4-8 weeks.
- The warranty does not cover defects determined to be caused by normal wear or due to customer negligence.
- Please let us know ASAP if any items on your order arrive damaged, we can be reached by phone at 916-760-4524 or email@example.com
- Please keep all original shipping containers and take pictures if possible. Damaged item claims are handled through the shipping carrier (UPS, FedEx, USPS, LTL carrier). We will assist our customers in these claims. We only ask that customers be patient as sometimes this process can take longer than any of us would like!
You can request a return authorization number (RGA#) by calling one of our Backflow Specialists at 916-760-4524
Please print your Return Goods Authorization form and include it with each shipment back to Watts Regulator Co. dba Backflow Direct. You have 30 days from the day the RGA is issued to return your merchandise so please be sure to print and ship at your earliest convenience. We need to get all products (and their packaging!) back in new condition. You may use the original shipping container. Returns should be shipped to the address noted on your return authorization instructions.
Please retain your return tracking information. BackflowDirect.com is not responsible for packages lost during return shipment. You will receive a confirmation email from BackflowDirect.com when your return is processed which will include the full details of refund credited.
Questions / Concerns
- If anything is unclear or if you have a special circumstance, give us a shout!
- We can be reached by phone at 916-760-4524 or firstname.lastname@example.org